Friday, May 6, 2011

Believers Like McDonalds too!

Sitting in McD's passing time before heading to the dentist from my clients house. I think one of my favorite things to do (when I can) is have a cup of coffee, a good breakfast, and ample time to read and meditate on the scriptures. So sitting here with my coffee and fruit filled oatmeal, a gentleman walks by me sits two tables down across from me and ask me if I'm reading Old or New Testement. We then proceeded to have a thoughtful discussion about the scriptures, its books and their authors and then continued into talking about ministry and what it really looked like for someone not working at a church. He likes to visit many different churches often, and I challenged him to find a group of Christians that he could regularly commune with.  Of course I invited him to check out the Vineyard as well!!
 I miss having random conversations with strangers about God where ever I go. I tend to want to hide usually. But this morning at my local McDonalds, the Lord reminded me that theres always opportunity. Good word!

No comments:

Post a Comment